Saturday, March 9, 2013

::With Brave Wings She Flies::

Hello Everyone!


Teaching:
 
I apologize for not posting anything in a while, but my life has been extremely busy. I began my long term assignment, teaching 2nd grade right before Christmas. I have put in countless hours 7 days/week for the past 13 weeks to ensure these students  are given the tools they need to be successful. I only have two more weeks to go.



This opportunity has been completely life changing for me. I always learn from my classroom experiences, not only growing as an educator, but as an individual as well. It amazes me also how many techniques and ideas I adapt from when I worked with Mrs. S last year. She is with me in my heart every day as I am teaching.

The group of students I had the pleasure of getting to know are amazing to say the least. Each one of them shines bright with talent, and beams with positivity. I know that all 30 of them are going to do great things, and I am so honored to have been a part of their life.

I have made some great connections not only with the students, but with the parents and staff in the building too. I developed lasting friendships with some incredible teachers.

Mrs. R and Ms. L

Mrs. R- You are an incredible teacher, mom, and friend. I am so thankful we both had the opportunity to sub in second grade at the same time. We are a great team, and I truly hope we have a chance to work together in the future. Never forget that you truly make a difference every day.

Mrs. VV- I am so thankful I had the guidance from an outstanding teacher like yourself. I could not have done this without you. I truly appreciate all of the help and support you have given me. I hope we have the opportunity to work together in the future. Thank you for being a wonderful friend!!!!!!!

Ms. VB- Or maybe I should have said Ms. Beastmode :) You have been an incredible mentor, and literacy coach to me. I have grown so much thanks to your guidance and support. I am looking forward to learning more from you so I can continue your practices in summer school. Thank you for sharing your passion for fitness and health with me!

I know that my journey has been different, and I was not given a job right out of college, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I am also a believer that if you work hard, it will eventually pay off. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to spend a year subbing, because if I would not have done this, I would not have had the chance to meet this special group of students, and the amazing staff in the building.



Next week, I have two administrators coming into my classroom to observe me. I am really excited to be given this opportunity to show other principals what I was born to do. Please say a prayer for me that it goes well. I am not going to stress or worry, because the result is in God's hands. He already has a plan for me, and whatever is suppose to happen, will.


Training:

I have not skipped a beat in the gym, working out 6-7 days a week, even with my intense schedule. I am really proud of myself, and the gains I have made. I have been really working hard at gaining size in my upper body (to meet the symmetry of my incredibly large quads). My favorite area that I have progressed in is my back. For the first time, I know what it feels like to have a back pump. and to feel the blood pumping into my lats. I can see a lot of size in that area.  Training leads into a question I am sure many of you continue to have... "What show you are you doing next..."

I love competing. I love working towards a goal, and then demolishing it. I love the entire part of prep....but that is just that. Every season I work incredibly hard to reach a goal and then when it is over, I feel broken and empty. Unless I do consecutive shows, there is always this terrible feeling of failure at the end. I have come a long way as a competitor, and I feel that after my last experience, I realized that the most important person to beat, is yourself. The individual progress you make...is completely up to YOU.



When I started my long term, I told myself that my #1 priority would be working towards my career as an educator, and that is exactly what I have done. Along the way, I have provided not only my students, but also staff in the building what it looks like to be healthy. The more I think about my future, I am starting to head in that direction.

Getting to the point of being on stage, is an incredible feeling, but does it define me as a person? Absolutely not. In fact, I really do not like when I am defined in that aspect. I don't want my image to be driven from the blonde girl from the gym that goes on stage in a bikini. I want my image to be driven from my passion for teaching and making a difference.

The point I am trying to make is, I really want to be happy with myself. I don't want to HAVE to be dieting for a show to feel confident or have more self worth. I want to be satisfied with myself as a strong, independent, healthy woman. This is something that I find a lot of women that compete struggle with.

If I am not prepping for a show does that mean I am slacking in the gym? No!
Does it mean I am at home eating pizza? No!
Does it mean that I am not spending hours in the kitchen, prepping my meal? No!
Does it mean that I gave up? Absolutely NOT!

Right now, I am just working on being the best version of me possible...and I am not going to lose that fire or determination. I know great things are up ahead just over the mountain I am currently climbing, and in time, God will reveal where my journey is going next.



Thank you for all of the support<3
Have a GREAT weekend....MAKE IT COUNT!!!

<3 SJ




No comments:

Post a Comment