Thursday, June 23, 2011

::Loving Life::

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!

Sorry I have not written in a while I have been very busy and life has been pretty uneventful for the most part. I am home for the summer and I am car less it has been a little stressful. I am lucky enough that my mom is willing to share with me all summer (so that I can work) until I have enough money to buy one of my own. I am enjoying my nanny job this summer again for 2 kids that I also watched last summer. The weather has not been cooperating for any swimming or fishing yet, but we have still had lots of fun doing arts and crafts, bowling, going to movies, and playing games. The summers I get to nanny are always a lot of fun!

It is a very different feeling for me to be in an "off season"....off season, what's that? :) I feel like I spent my entire spring semester prepping for the competitions I did, and now I have a little more freedom. After MN State I took sometime to enjoy foods that I have not had in months. My favorites were bananas, milk, and yes some homemade treats from mom too! It is scary once you let yourself enjoy other foods for a while because it is amazing the damage some of them can do to you. Granted I am aware that I cannot look stage ready year round, but it is still sad to see some of it fill in. Another problem I have encountered are food allergies. Since I deprived my body from certain things such as dairy, gluten, and fruit for so many months my body did not know what to do with them once I put them back in. I find out Friday, but I either have some or all of the above allergies. Keep your fingers crossed that it is nothing serious.

My training has been going exceptionally well this summer. I am very lucky that I do not have to be to work until 11am, so after I drop my mom off at work the morning is mine. I head straight to the gym and I have been getting some really good workouts in. It feels great to be strong again with the mindset of building more muscle. I miss working out at the gym at school, but I am really lucky to have a nice gym back home to use also. There is more variety of machines at this gym so I can mix up my workouts and try new things as well. So far it is going amazing :) I am still doing cardio right now because I know the success it has given me in my leg and glute development. I am still walking on an incline of 15 for 30 minutes after my lifts, and in the evening I go for an hour power walk with my mom.

My diet is going well. Until I find out what I am allergic to, I am keeping my diet similar to how I had it for contest prep, except the amounts are greater since I am trying to build. I am going to gauge it week by week because if I start getting too lean (which always seems to happen) then I will increase calories.

I have a few ideas for my next goals but until I fine tune them, and decide which direction to take I am going to make you wait to find out what they are.

It is really great to be home for the summer and spend lots of time with my family and friends. I missed them all this past school year, and its great to make more memories again.
I hope you all have an amazing day!!! Never give up on your dreams...you are in charge of the outcome :)

XO SJ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment