Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Photos by Diana Marie: Fitness and Glamour

Hello Everyone!!!


My amazing friend Diana and I at 2011 Fox Cities Showdown. I am so thankful to have her in my life. She did an amazing job with the photos today!! Thanks again Diana Marie Photography!!!! <3

I hope you all having an amazing week. Today I had a very busy, and exciting day! My friend Diana Kersten drove all the way to visit me at college for a photo-shoot. I always wanted to do a photo-shoot in the gym on campus because that is was the magic happened for me. I was in there every day, often 2-3 times day and it is where my life was changed. I am so thankful she was able to do my shoot in there because they are memories I will ALWAYS have and want to remember :)




Diana did my hair and makeup and surprised me with a few fun things to wear for the shoot. She is an amazing photographer and the whole experience was unforgettable. We arrived at the gym and there were just a few regulars working out there so we had a lot of freedom to be creative and take our time with the shoot. The UWSP Strength Center student manager Andrew Booth was very accommodating to our needs.

My roomie Tyler and I


My roomie, Tyler who sometimes works out with me was there for the warm up part of the shoot and I got a few pics with him just for memory sake. He always has to spot me on my shoulder exercises because I dislocated my shoulder over winter break so I wanted to get a few shots of him spotting me...just like old time sake :)



After I was all warmed up, Diana followed me around to various machines and the free weight area where I went through some basic exercises I normally do when I lift so we could capture what exactly I do when I am working out. It was really nice how she let me do my own thing, and then gave suggestions and fun ideas too. We were a great team!! We did several outfit changes in the weight room, and after being there for a few hours we decided it was time to move on to something new.



We went back to my apartment to look over some of the pictures, and so I could get my meals in...all that posing makes a girl hungry! :) When we got back, a pink package was waiting for me in my mailbox...I knew exactly what it was. I ripped it open and inside was my hot pink sparkly bikini that Jacque Combs custom bling-ed for me!!! I tried it on right away and it looked amazing!! The bikini is the most beautiful thing I have ever worn, and I cannot wait to rock it Saturday at MN State Championships!!!!! (Thank you Diana and Jacque for the most beautiful bikini EVER!!) After prancing around with the biggest smile on my face in my new barbie bikini, It was time to take more pictures. Diana touched up my hair and then we headed down town so I could get some glamour shots to add to the portfolio in a fun  black dress I purchased from Victoria's Secret last fall.




There was a ton of photo opportunities downtown for us to take advantage of and we were lucky to have such amazing weather :) The sun was shining, and the wind was blowing perfectly. As we were taking some pictures, two gentlemen came up to us and were very excited {go figure haha}. They were asking about the shoot and didn't believe that I was a competitor until I stood up and he saw my legs and was in shock! haha It was quite the reaction. They were so excited they had to get their picture with me and joined my fan page right away. It was really neat that they were so supportive and excited about my journey. I love inspiring others.



We ended our shoot around 6:45 pm and then headed back to my apartment to pack up my life to move me back home to live with my mom for the summer and continue my nanny job. It was sad leaving my apartment, my roomie, and the strength center. So many memories were made this year, but I know great things are to come.



I got home around 9pm and I was greeted by my mom with open arms. She was SO happy to have me home again. I have not seen her since I competed in the Fox Cities Showdown so it was so wonderful to see her. 



Tomorrow will be another busy day. I have to make sure I have everything packed for the weekend and I need to cook all of my chicken and tilapia as well. I am going to spend a lot of the day with my mom and sister which will be very nice. We are going to spend a lot of time outside and in the evening we all have hair appointments so that will be a nice bonding time as well. I am so excited to get my hair highlighted and trimmed again :




Friday morning Lee is picking me up bright and early :-) I am VERY excited to be him...5 weeks is too long!! We are going to have our 5 hour adventure to MN where the greatest weekend of all will begin!!! I am looking forward to it!!! :-) I cannot believe I am almost there. Show number three...I am so proud. I cannot believe how much I have accomplished in this past year. I have so much to be thankful for. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me!!!

I hope everyone has an amazing night!
<3 SJ xo

1 comment:

  1. I used to think you were beautiful before you started body building...now with this fake tan, you look so unnatural, and it's not the Sara I knew. I was jealous of your body before.You were slim and petite and probably made other girls jealous too. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, you have a great personality, and although I havent' spoken to you in a while, I'm sure you are still the same person you were when I did last speak to you. May god bless you in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete