Monday, December 19, 2011

::She's BACK::

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry that I have not posted in so long. I have just about finished another college semester. One more to go and then it is graduation time! I had 18 credits this semester and an 8 week placement in an elementary school teaching second grade. I learned a lot these past 16 weeks about what it takes to be a great teacher, and the opportunity to apply it as well. I am looking forward to touching lives and making a difference this spring in my 18 week student teacher placement.

This semseter was a complete change from spring. Instead of having the constant stress and worry about my body in prepping for shows I was able to focus more on school, learning, my students, rebuiling old friendships, and creating new ones. Don't get me wrong, I was still killing it in the gym every day, but I had a different outlook on everything. I had the opportunity to train with some of my good friends and learn more about reaching my goals. Thank you Corey for kicking my butt in the gym everyday and pushing me futher that I knew I could go. (Good Luck with your internship....the SC won't be the same without you!) I have put on a lot of muscle since summer, and continued to increase my strength weekly. I am lifting more than I ever thought was possible.

For the first time in the five years of college I had fun, went out with friends and partied, and had experiences that every college student should have. I made and learned from my mistakes, and contitnued to grow into the person I am today. These experiences gave me a dose to fill in what I thought I was missing out on. I had an amazing time with my four wonderful roomies April, Brenda, Gracie, and Candace. Thank you girls for teaching me how to live life a little more, and shared so many unforgetable fun memories together.

As fun as this semester was, a part of me was missing. I miss being on stage and working towards my fitness goals. I have a lot of plans for the future in that area of my life, and I am ready put that foot foward again taking it up another notch. I am not committing myself to another show that I will annouce, because I know my #1 priority this spring needs to be student teaching. This does not mean I am not going to try my best to make it happen. I know I can do anything I put my mind to, as I have said and demonstrated so many times previously. The fire has been ignited inside me again, and I am going to keep pushing forward and not look back. I am looking forward to spending my weekend nights doing extra cardio in the gym, prepping meals, and making sure my posing is perfect for my next stage appearce. Stay tuned for my upcoming plans as I continue to move forward to Nationals.. I am very excited to see what happens next!

I am looking forward to moving home on Wednesday to see my family and spend a month with them. Have a blessed holiday with your families as well!. <3 SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment