Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just when I thought my life couldnt get better...BAM! :)

Hey Everyone!!

A little surprise I got on Monday when I went to the gym. Nothing like a little added motivation!


2 weeks down...15 to go until I step on stage again. A lot has changed in the past week that I am excited about! The exciting news of being in Gold's Gym advertisements was an exciting moment for last week. This week I was asked by a Wisconsin based athletic apparel store to model for their website and advertising. The company is called Oppermacher and is based out of Stevens Point (small world!). They sent me a lot of awesome clothes, and I am excited to try them out and promote a great, local business. Please go on their Facebook page and LIKE it. I appreciate the support!!

Clothing that I get to model for Oppermacher

My body is responding well to the diet, and I have already made a few changes in it. I am leaning out, and still hanging onto  my strength.

CARDIO

I am continuing my two-a-days for cardio, and I am still enjoying it. I created another "Cutting Playlist" that helps get me through every session. It amazing the difference meaningful music can impact your workout.  A lot of the songs I listen to are from my good friend and lifting partner, Corey, from last semester. He made me some CDs to download onto my ipod with songs we use to lift to in the gym.

Some of you ask what gets me through my workout...so here is my current playlist:
All I do is Win......DJ Khaled
Black and Yellow....Wiz Khalifa (this one is for you Mo baby!)
Look at Me Now....Chris Brown
No Hands......Waka Flocka (My lil nacho burrito, April!....here's out fav dancin song!)
Pursuit of Happiness....Kid Cudi
Teach me How to Dougie....(haha this one is for you, Corey! No one can dougie like you! cracks me up every time)
Transform Ya....Chris Brown
Up and Away....Kid Cudi
Wake up and Fight....Shinedown
Hips Don't Lie...Shakira
Shake.....Ying Yang Twins
Waka Waka....Shakira
Gasolina......Daddy Yankeee (Can't forget the lil Zumba in me)
SOS....Rhianna
Evacute the Dance Floor.....Cascada
Push it...Salt n Peppa (haha Diana....this is only for the sexy people)

Sometimes I go to shuffle and listen to other random songs to mix it up, but these are the main ones that have been keeping me fired up. For cardio I am still sticking to the treadmill maxed out to an incline of 15 walking 3.5-4.2 miles per hour. In the morning I do it until I have burned 500 calories (which takes me about 35 minutes on average) and in the evening I do another 30 minutes after I lift. I also did a lot of shoveling this week, and did it with a smile on my face. Nothing I like more than a reason to burn more calories...natures free cardio. THANK YOU! Life is all what you make of it so I take every situation and turn it into a positive.

LIFTING
I am still killing it in the gym during my lifting sessions. I have my days split into: Quads and abs, Chest, Back, Shoulders/Traps, Hammies and abs, and Arms. I am still hanging onto my strength and feeling satisfied after every workout.   I am lifting heavy and sticking 5 set of 10 right now (it's workin', Oz!). It is nice to work out at Gold's, but I am excited to go back to the Strength Center where they have more than one squat rack (haha) and the little things that I like...the chains I wear when I do lunges or the chalk so I can have a better grip when I lift heavy.  The Strength Center will always be my favorite gym. That is where I have spent the most time and have the most memories.

Since I have been home I have also been training my mom and teaching her more about lifting weights since it is more beneficial then just doing cardio on its own. She is doing a great job also, and I am very proud of her! Go, Mom, go!!!! :)) xo

DIET
I have already switched it up since last week. I am experimenting a little and I am doing lower carbs with higher fat. My diet is currently made up of egg whites, chicken, green beans, almonds, and the occasional salt free gluten-free plain rice cakes. For how little carbs I am consuming, and for how many hours I am spending in the day, I am not hungry between meals. I eat a ton of green beans (literally almost a pound a day to be exact!) and that keeps me satisfied. 
There is is...favorite meal! Egg whites and french cut green beans seasoned with Mrs. Dash seasoning: table-blend

I am still loyal to my Extra Dessert Gum: Strawberry Shortcake flavor. I chew it every single day in the gym (it helps me get through cardio!). I am doing a good job, and staying on track. Today I had a "cheat" meal since it has been two weeks since I have had one. It wasn't so much as hardcore cheating, just mixing it up. I made grilled Caribbean Citrus salmon with green beans (of course!) for my mother and I after our workout this afternoon and she made me some homemade rice krispy treats (one of the only treats that is gluten-free without buying special ingredients). The salmon was amazing...not going to lie. I enjoyed every single bite. The rice krispy treats were good but unfortunately I got a headache after eating them. I am not use to consuming sugar, and when I do, it makes me sick.

Overall, I would say the diet is going well, and I am staying positive and not letting it negatively affect me in any way. I am in control :)

BODY
15 weeks 1 day out
 I am feeling great with where my body is currently at. I am leaning out as planned and I am seeing changes each day...nothing too drastic yet but enough to keep my motivation levels high.
Here are my measurements:
Chest 33.5 inches (same)
Waist 26.5 inches (down .5 inches)
Hips 34 inches (down .5 inches)
Biceps 11.5 inches (same)
Quads 22.5 (down .5 inches...they are huge...they can afford to shrink a lil haha)
Calves 15 inches (same)
I am making changes  for the better, and I am happy for where I am at with being 15 weeks out.

LIFE
I am still enjoying winter break and the opportunity to spend time with my family and friends. I only have a few more days left back home and I will return back to the apartment on Wednesday the 18th. It will take a few days to get settled and prepared for my 18 weeks of student teaching. I will want to get a schedule together for work, training, prepping meals, posing, and of course school work. I am going to miss seeing my mom every day, and all of the people who have surrounded me this past month. I always enjoy making new friends at the gym and gaining more support. There are always opportunities to look forward as I continue on my journey.

Tomorrow I will wake up and go to my best friend, Brooke's apartment so she can do my hair and makeup for my photo shoot for Oppermacher tomorrow. She also did my hair for the FCS last April. It means a lot she is always there to help me out. My iron sister, Diana (Diana Marie Photography) is going to be helping me accomplish this task as well and go to a gym and a few other locations with me to capture some good shots for the company. I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends!

Have yourself a wonderful, evening.  
Remember...train like you're in 2nd, Compete like you're in 1st!
<3 SJ XO

No comments:

Post a Comment