Saturday, March 17, 2012

{Never Settle}

Hello Everyone!



Today marks SIX weeks out for the FOX CITIES SHOWDOWN!!! Sorry I have not written in a few weeks. My life has been a blur to say the least.  The past two weeks were my lead teaching in the second grade classroom. I would wake up every day at 5:30a m, get to school by 7am, and stay at least two hours after my students went home. After I got home it was usually 6pm or later and I would go to the gym for my lift and cardio, tan, then go home to prepare for another day. Even though it was extremely busy, I still enjoyed every minute of it. It felt great to have responsibility of the classroom, and to have the chance to try new learning methods with my students.




The past month I was really brought down by the guy I was seeing. It was really stressful and not good for my self esteem. Being the person I am, I don't put up with b.s. from anyone. I took a step back and thought about it. I am not the type of girl that needs a man in my life...especially not one that was emotionally abusive. I did what was best for me and I found a new home, and got out of an unhealthy relationship. If someone doesn't appreciate you or support your goals, they are not meant for you. Do not let yourself be brought down by the negativity of others. Surround yourself with those who are supportive and love you for you. I may be contest prepping while living on a couch for two months but things could be worse...like losing a gym membership :) So I am very thankful for all that I have. Just a speed bump in my journey...on to bigger and better things.


TRAINING
I am really happy with the work I am putting in at the gym. Last season I never had energy and didn't put forth near the effort I am this time around. I am still lifting 6 days a week, and I was in the gym every night with my beastmode: ON and I am ready to rock.

Here are my training splits:
Sunday: Hammies and Calves
Monday: Back and lunges
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Shoulders and traps
Thursday: Arms
Friday: Quads and Glutes
Saturday: OFF but I am a :FREAK: so sometimes I get bored and do a full body workout.

I am really happy with the progress I have made on my upper body as far as adding size and the craziness of my quads. I am really excited to see how it will all come together and look on stage!

CARDIO
I have still been doing 40 minutes of cardio after my training. I have been mostly doing it on the treadmill inclined at 15 with a speed of 4.1 mph. Today I decided to make the choice, no matter what, from now until the show I will also do fasted cardio. I did this last contest prep but now with teaching and the gym not opening early enough, its not an option. But guess what...it is an option. Either I purchase another gym membership at a facility that opens earlier or I have some fun running around at 5am in the dark :) No excuses. It's happening. 30 extra minute of cardio...fasted..in the am :)

DIET
I have changed a few things about my diet, and made it a lot more structured and repetitive so I can closely monitor what I need to add or take away to make the changes I need to before show time. I have cut out rice cakes and I am strictly eating brown rice for my carb source. I bought a rice cooker (which I am LOVING by the way) and it makes my life a lot easier. I also took a break from my love of green beans and switched to broccoli. I felt like I was eating extra almonds throughout the day, especially at school so now I put my serving for the day in a bag and I tell myself "There you go...this is all the almonds you get today. When they are gone...they are gone" :) So far...its working.

BODY
I am happy with the way my body is looking for 6 weeks out. I know I am not there yet...but I am getting closer each and every day. I need to learn to follow my heart and not second guess myself. I did it on my own last season, I can do it again. Each week I can tell that I am leaning out as I see new changes on my body.

LIFE



I am really happy right now with my dedication both in the classroom and in the gym. I know that I am doing a great job teaching second grade, and I have had positive feedback from my university supervisor, school principal, teachers in the building, and Mrs. S, my cooperating teacher. I applied to teach summer school in the district, and I am really hoping that all works out for the best.


I am really thankful for all of the support I have. SO many do things that help me get through each day. I am so blessed to have supportive friends and family. My mother sends me motivational cards each week to remind me to keep up the hard work and she sends prepped meals back to school with me to make my life easier. My sister and nieces send me mail and pictures to hang on the refrigerator so everytime I eat, I am reminded of my love and support back home. My friend Diana checks in on me everyday to send me love and support. I am so thankful to have her by my side as we go through prep together!!!! (PROUD OF YOU!)  My friend Cassandra stays up late and keeps me company messaging me when I work late or lesson plan and sends me fun mail to keep me in happy spirits (PROUD OF YOU TOO CHICA!) My friend April visits me in the gym and says hi and roots me on when I am struggling through an intense workout. Mrs. S does everything in her power to make my student teaching experience the least amount of stress so I can make my competition goals happen. There are so many of you do things each day without even knownig. I am so blessed to have all the support. Thank you, everyone <3


Remember to never give up on your goals. You may come across a bump in the road, but it is only a tiny obstacle in the larger picture.
Keep working hard!
XO SJ <3

2 comments:

  1. I love this, awesome changes and healthy ALL around!!! Are you figure or bikini? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary! I am doing bikini!

    ReplyDelete