Friday, June 15, 2012

Coach of the Year Award: Laura Gutilla

I wanted to dedicate this post the one...the only...
Coach of the Year...Laura Gutilla :)
This is my Coach....she's AMAZING!!!!!
I competed in four NPC shows in the bikini class without a coach. I had the guidance of my brother, and a few close competitor friends, but for the most part, I was on my own. I went to the gym on my own and I constructed my diet on my own. I taught myself how to pose, and all of the other stage aesthetics for competing. I did pretty good, always making top 3 when I would compete...but that was not good enough for me. It wasn't fun always taking second place. Not when I was putting in the heart, passion, and making the sacrifices I was.

In April I competed in the 2012 Fox Cities Showdown. I was very, very upset with how I did in this show. I was use to taking top 3, so after taking 5th place I took a step back and re-evaluated what needed to be done. I looked at the beautiful, talented women who beat me...they all had a coach...they all had amazing physiques and top-notch posing. I knew it was time to take on the help of someone with more knowledge and experience than I had myself.

April 28, 2012....before Laura's help

April 28th, 2012...before Laura's help

I thought about my options. My hero, my inspiration, Laura Gutilla came to mind. I was in contact with her right away after the show, and shared my goals with her. I told her I wanted to compete in the 2012 MN State Championships, but this time, I just wanted to beat myself. I wanted to improve my physique and posing, and I had less than 5 weeks to do it.

She created my diet and stayed in close contact with me. She answered any questions I had, and was constantly checking in on me, and supporting me along the way. Even if I was having a bad day, and needed help or a boost about something besides competing, she was there. She is truly an amazing woman, with a heart of Gold.

Even with in different states, she was able to help me with posing. She gave me suggestions to follow, and minor things to tweak. She gave me the tools I needed to make it to the top.

Every week got a bit more challenging, but I did not give up. She pushed me through walls that were once there, and helped me achieve the impossible.

1 day out (before tn) I am so incredibly proud of the progress I made in such a short period of time. I am SO thankful I had an amazing coach to help me achieve my dreams <3
1 day out
1 day out

The week of the show, she was so excited about the progress I had made in the short period of time we worked together. Peak Week is very crucial, and this was a science I had yet to figure out for myself. It was so much less stressful knowing that every decision that was made, I had her full support and guidance. She taught me how to carb deplete, successfully cut water, and the final week workouts that should take place. She also worked as a team with my girl, Lori Schopf to make sure my hair and make up was perfect. Ladies...we make a great team :)

Thank you again, Lori and Baby Zach for being a part of the team!!!

Laura Gutilla made my dreams come true. In under 5 weeks, she helped me beat myself. She dropped me 10 lbs. from the Showdown, and she helped create my perfected posing routine. Not only that, but she helped me achieve a long term goal of winning my class in bikini. When my name was called on stage, and I walked out to receive my first place bikini b trophy in a class of 10 amazing women, tears filled my eyes. It was my proudest moment ever....and no one can ever take that away from me.

June 9th, 2012 with Coach Laura
June 9th, 2012 with Coach Laura

After the show, I called Laura right away and I was crying with happiness, and she shared the moment with me. I am so thankful for having such an amazing coach, and I truly believe she will help bring me to the top. My goal is to earn my IFBB Bikini Pro Card by age 25....I know it is going to happen....I believe it.

She made me into a WINNER Yes...I am crying...those are tears of happiness)


Now that the show is over, my contact with Laura continues. She wants me to be my best, and has helped me create an off season plan to keep me where I want to maintain my body fat, and also add the muscle development in the areas needed.

Goal: Win my class in Bikini......ACCOMPLISHED :)

You are an amazing coach, friend, and athlete, Laura Gutilla. I am so proud of your own accomplishments, and I know you are going to do great things in this industry. You will always be my inspiration, my coach, and my hero<3 Good luck with your upcoming show!!!!!! It's yours girl!!

<3 SJ XO

2 comments:

  1. That is so great to hear your story!!! I am so very proud of you , you truely inspire me !! I too have done it on my own for a long time and will also be looking for someone to take me to the next level with my phyique! Your amazing young lady Sara..so glad to be a part of your life ..

    ReplyDelete