Wednesday, April 6, 2011

::Audacity: The willingness to take bold risks::



Hi Everyone!
Sorry for the late post. I have been so busy since the show I was not able to let you know in detail how it went. My NPC competition in MN: Army National Guard Gopher State was a SUCCESS!!!! It was such a wonderful experience. I enjoyed seeing so many friends and making so many new ones.

Got my hair all done and have my warm up on :) I am ready to go!
Saturday morning I did my hair starting at about 5am. I did not sleep at all the night before due to excitement so I counted down til 5am and started getting ready after that. Then Sara came over to help me with my stage make up. She did an amazing job and made me feel great :) We headed over to the competition early in the morning so I could make my athlete meeting before the show. When I walked in I saw my friend Mike and I was so excited! I was very happy he came to cheer me on! :)

A smiling face greeting me when I got to the competition :)
I started seeing some familiar faces file into the prep room. I got to see Willie (women's bb) , Mo (bikini class a), Lucy (bikini class a) , and JD (men's bb and physique). It was nice to see some familiar faces and start making some friends too! 
Lori and I backstage hanging out :)
I met a girl named Lori who was also in Bikini B with me. She was really nice and we had a lot of fun together during the day. I hope to compete with her again in the future...she will definitely do great in this sport :)

JD the Killa and SJ in the PUMP UP room :)
Before I went on stage I had to get oiled up and my suit had to be glued to me...just in case. All of the girls lined up and we were ready for prejudging. I was the last one from Bikini Class B to come out because I registered so late. I had 7 girls in my class and it was all of our first time. Each competitor walked out to the center of the stage and got about 10 seconds to pose and then lined up on the diagonal line. I felt calm waiting for it to be my turn. No reason to be nervous. I worked extremely hard for this moment and it was my time to shine. When I walked out there I could feel my heart starting to race but I got through my 10 seconds and lined up on the diagonal. Next we filed in a line in front of the judges. We did one turn to the back and after we turned to the front I heard "Number 83 switch places with....(I don't remember exactly who) but I was going to the MIDDLE!! :) I knew exactly what that meant and I was all smiles and not scared anymore. Whatever I was doing, I was doing it right and I was shining :) I stayed in the middle for a few turns and then went to the right and left spots in the center. After prejudging I felt AMAZING :)
Pre-Judging when I was in the middle :)
After pre-judging was all over Sara took me to the store so I could get some more tuna, rice cakes, more fake nails (mine kept falling off!! haha), and I let myself get a treat for after the show...yup you guessed it: REESES EGGS!!! :) We went back to the hotel and I relaxed in my room for a while and made some phone calls to my friends and family back home to inform them on the exciting morning I had. Everyone told me to try to nap between the shows but I knew that wasn't happening :) I fixed my hair and Sara helped me touch up my makeup for the night show.

Standing proud and smiling big with my 2nd Place Trophy!
I was SUPER excited for the night show and I was feeling very confident about it. I could not stop smiling the entire time and I was having fun with the girls back stage. I my suit was re-glued and I was oiled up and ready to go. We lined up to go on stage and it was very similar to the morning except we were not going to be on stage as long...oh and there was WAY more people in the audience watching :) We came out in the same order so I was last again. After we did 1-2 turns to the front and back we filed off and we were told who made Top 5. I made the cut along with my friend Lori. We were very excited. We came back to go out on stage and awards were given. They called us out onto the diagonal line and gave out trophies. All I remember is them saying 5th place to....4th place to....3rd place to.....and then I was thinking "OMG I either got 1st or 2nd!!!!" and then they called my name for 2nd place! I was sooooooooooo happy and so proud!!!! :) I have been working so hard towards this and it felt amazing to earn that trophy. 
As soon as I got off stage I took a picture with my phone to send to my friends and family back home. I could not believe it. I was talking to my family on the phone and I started crying because I was so happy and felt so proud of my accomplishment. It was the BEST day ever!!!!!!
TEAM SARA :) Thank you for EVERYTHING this weekend girl!!!! <3
After the show some of us went out to eat together to celebrate!! JD and his wife Natalie, Allison aka Mizz Legz :) and Shawn, Sara and her friend, and I all went to eat. I treated myself to some chicken fajitas and Mmmm were they good :) I did not want to eat something too bad since I still have the Fox Cities Showdown coming up April 30th :) It was a great way to celebrate with friends who are like family :)


Thank you everyone who believed in me and made my dream a reality <3
SJ XO




 




1 comment: