Monday, May 23, 2011

12 days and Counting!

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday to YOU!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I was happy to have my first weekend without worrying about school.  I was fortunate enough to get quite a few hours working up until I leave for MN State Championships. My co-workers are understanding that I need money for the show and they are more than happy to take a break starting their summer hours. Teamwork :)

A few days ago I was sent the one of the pictures of my brother and I that is going to be in our feature story in the July issue of Inside Wisconsin Sport magazine. I am very excited to see the issue when it comes out!!!


Josh and I from 2011 Fox Cities Showdown: watch for this picture in July issue of INSIDE WI SPORTS magazine!!

12 days until NPC Army National Guard MN State Championships! I am really looking forward to the experience of this show. I get to see so many of my friends both on and off stage and spend the weekend with my boyfriend, Lee. It is going to be a blast! The Wednesday before the show my good friend [Iron Sister <3] Diana Kersten is driving to school to do a photo shoot with me in the gym I workout in on campus. I am really excited for it because this is where I trained all year and it will be nice to have pictures in that special place. After the shoot she is helping me pack up my life and move out of my apartment and bring me home too my mom. My mom has off that week so I get to to spend Thursday with my mom and sister which will also be wonderful. I hope the weather is nice so we can go on some nice long walks together. Thursday night I am getting my hair cut/highlighted again for the show, and they have appointments as well so it will be nice bonding time!!

Friday morning Lee will pick me up by 10am and we will head to MN!!!! Once we arrive at the venue we have to check in and receive all of our info for the weekend. My good friend Jacque Combs is going to be doing my spray tan for the show. {Cant wait to see you Mizz Bling!!!!!<3} My  bikini <3 friend Lori Schopf is coming over to practice my hair and makeup for the show as well. It is going to be a very busy day, but a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!

Before I get too far ahead of myself I need to focus day by day on my diet and training so I can make sure to come in my very best Saturday morning for pre-judging. I had a bit of a scare last week because my body was not cooperating with the changes I was wanting to make. I was holding onto a lot of water and had a constant bloat. With some advice from Lee I was able to make some small changes that had a big impact. I cut my carbs down for a few days and increased my cardio [that was not fun...haha] and this morning when I hopped on the scale I was at 125.6 which is pretty close to where I was for my last two shows. I feel much better now that everything is coming together!

I wanted to share a new product with you that I tried over the weekend [thanks Angel for the amazing suggestion!!]. In the same aisle where you buy Crystal Light there is a product called MiO. It has no calories/sugar/carbs and it is amazing. I didn't think a few drops added into my water would have the impact that it does! I have the Strawberry Watermelon flavor and I am really enjoying it. Angel likes the Berry flavor best! I add about 4 squirts of it into a shaker cup size of water. It is convenient because I can carry it around with me to work or the gym and it is easier than having all of those individual packets to worry about!!! Try it out and let me know what your favorite flavor is!!


MiO Water Enhancer: Strawberry Watermelon
I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by-
<3 SJ xo

1 comment: