Monday, May 9, 2011

*Game Plan*

Hello Everyone!!!

It is just a little less than 4 weeks away from NPC Army National Guard MN State and I am getting all of the kinks worked out so I can come in even better for this show. When I was done with Fox Cities Showdown I let myself eat off diet for a few days to give my body a break since I was dieting for 14 weeks. It was nice to get a break but also scary how much your body can change when you do give it proper nutrition. A few days after the show I weighed myself back in the gym at school and I weighed 10lbs more than I did on stage (granted a lot of it was water etc.). It was still very scary!!!  I started doing cardio twice a day the Monday I got back to school. Even though I was letting myself take a mini break from the diet between shows, I was not going to take a break from my training.

I got paid last Thursday and I was able to go to store and load up on tuna, tilapia, rice cakes, and sweet potatoes so I would be back on track for the show. I haven't even been cutting again for 5 days and I am already only 4 lbs away from contest weight and I still have a lot of time to go. It is really reassuring to me that I am on track and so in tune with my body. It makes me proud to know that I know what I am doing and alter my own diet to fit my competition goals. 

Rice Cakes, 24 packets of Tuna, 6lbs sweet potatoes, oats, water, Smuckers Natural PB, Truvia Sweetener, 4lbs Tilapia, and bananas (I let myself enjoy fruit for 5 days after Fox Cities)

I have never been so focused than I am right now. The diet and training just comes natural now and I do not even think about it..I just do it. Even if I go to bed at midnight, when my alarm clock goes off on my phone at 5:25am my feet hit the ground, I get dressed and head out the door. NEVER thinking "Wow I wish I was still sleeping"...instead I have a smile on my face and look forward to walking back to my apartment afterward so I can watch the sun rise. I am also staying on top of my meals like it's my job :) When I leave in the morning I count out the tuna packets and rice cakes I need for the day and I head out the door ready for anything.,
This next week is going to be a long one with it being the last week of classes. On top of finishing last minute projects, and studying for finals, I picked up a ton of extra hours this week at work so I could save for the bikini fund :) I think I am working every night until 10pm or later and after that I will still have homework to finish. I just keep telling myself...One more week...One more week :) Next Monday I only have one final and then all I have to worry about is training, getting my meals in, posing, and working. It will be very nice to not have to focus on school for the remainder of training for this show.
Well I have to work now. Have a wonderful day! If the sun is shining please go enjoy it for me..and for you!
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!! IT MEANS A LOT!!!!!!

<3 SJ xo

No comments:

Post a Comment