Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 1: 12 weeks out


This starts off one of the most important weeks of my life. 
Hi My name is Sara Jean and I am a college student and an NPC competitor. I am 12 weeks out from my first NPC national qualifier competition. I got into body building last May after watching my brother compete and win his first show in the teen division. I was inspired and knew this was something I wanted to do. I immediately decided to start training and get on a clean diet to help with my progress.
 These pictures were taken before I started training in May, middle of June, and then again towards the beginning of July. I went from a size 5 to a 0 in less than two months time!!!



I was seeing amazing results and it motivated me to continue working hard. At the time I was lifting 6 days a week (Legs/Shoulders, Back/Bi, Chest/Tri) and doing at least an hour of cardio a day which was usually hitting the StairMaster. I also went to Zumba classes twice a week at the local YMCA.

Originally my goal was to compete in bikini but after only training a few months I knew my body wanted something different. I had the ability to lean out very quickly and I was putting on muscle mass. I knew it was going to be a lot more work, and I knew I only had until April, but I was going to compete in the figure division.

So now here I am...about 8 months later. I have come a long way in a short period of time and I can only wait to see what the future holds for me.

Here is a picture of my legs at 12 weeks out

My goals are:
1. Win April 30th at my competition
2. Go to Nationals
3. Earn Pro Card
4. Become a sponsored athlete
5. Become a fitness model
6. Train my own team of competitors

In this blog I am going to track my progress, training, and diet for my first competition to help others out there and inspire them as well.


My current lifting schedule includes:
Legs
Rest
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Rest
*I do 4-6 exercises per group and I have changed my reps from 10-12 up to 20 to make my lifting more aerobic as cardio is limited for me due to my foot injury that occurred this winter.

Sample Diet:
Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, cinnamon: BLEND and make 1 large pancake. (1 multi-vitamin, 1 fish oil, 1 calcium citrate)
Meal 2:1/2 cup slow-cooked oats with cinnamon and vanilla extract, 6 egg whites
Meal 3: 4 oz lean ground turkey, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup spinach
Meal 4: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup spinach
Meal 5: Egg white omelet (5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, spinach, red onion, mushrooms, green pepper)
Meal 6: 1 scoop casien + 1 scoop whey.

I hope you enjoy following me on my Journey
xo-SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment