Friday, February 18, 2011

Why I do it :)

:10 Reasons Why I Do It:

My goals that I have taped on my bedroom wall for daily motivation
1. Working towards my goals is something that I can earn and no one can take it away from me. The hours I put into lifting, cardio, and in the kitchen are all worth it in the end because I am that much closer and no one can stop me.

2. Self Confidence: Never in my entire life have I had so much confidence. This lifestyle is something I chose, and I will always thank my brother, Josh for inspiring me to make that change.

3. True Friends: This journey has brought some wonderful people into my life that support me every step of the way. These individuals are amazing, and I could not make it without them. Thank you if you are one of those special people.

4. Inner Strength: Not only am I physically a stronger person, but I am also much stronger in the inside. The dedication I have to this sport cannot be accomplished by  just any one. They have to really want it, and I do. When my friends ask me to go out at night or go out to eat my answer is always "no" because I know the direction I want to take my life and sometimes that means sacrifice.
5. Inspiration: Many have told me that my progress has inspired them to change their own lifestyle and that means the world to me. I love helping others, especially when it revolved around their health and happiness.

6. Stress Relief: The hours I spend in the gym are the BEST part of my day. Setting mini goals with my lifts and accomplishing them each week makes me feel great. I love seeing how my body changes through the dedication I put into it. I am really proud of how far I have come already. I would never get through my day if it was not for the Gym :)
7. Rewards and Personal Achievement: I really enjoy being rewarded for my hard work. Whether that reward be small like a personal change I see in my body, meeting a goal that I have set, or a larger goal such as the recognition I earned from BodyBuilding.com "Fitness Amateur of the Week" or modeling for various local and worldwide companies (Bass Fury) it makes me feel great knowing I did it. Never did I think I would have come as far as I did in such a little time. I went from having really no apparent muscle tone to putting on over 10 lbs of muscle in just 6 months. I have added size and defintion everywhere and I cant wait to see what happens next.

8. Improve Health and Quality of Life: I am more active now than I have ever been in my entire life. I love the positive changs I made for my body because I am going to forever benefit from my lifestyle change. You cannot put a price on your health and it is never too late to start making that change.

9. Role Model: I feel that both my brother and I are great role models for my family. I also feel that I am set a great example to my friends and other peers on the college campus. In the future when I am an elementary teacher my choices in diet and exercise habits will influence my students to make healthy choices for themselves too.

10. Proving Others Wrong: I have had my fair share of "haters" and each week when I make progress and see changes, I love proving to those individuals that I can do anything I put my mind to. When someone says I cant, I just like to show them "Oh Yes I CAN!" :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog, girl! Keep at it, and all of your dreams will become your reality!!!

    ReplyDelete