Saturday, February 19, 2011

Recipe of the Day: Ground Turkey Salad


Ground Turkey Salad

I made my ground turkey (93% lean or better) with taco seasoning. I have removed this meal option from my cutting diet because ground turkey, unless it is very lean has more fat it in than other protein options such as chicken or tilapia, but it very delicious. I will definitely be eating more of this after my competition. :)

I eat 4oz of ground turkey and I put it on 2 cups of fresh spinach.
You can make this meal more exciting by adding in more vegetables: green and colored peppers, red onion, mushrooms etc. In my off season I have added 1 slice (cut into small squares) of Arnold Whole Wheat bread. (I would not do this again while cutting because I want to avoid flour.)

This meal is a tasty treat to look forward to during the day and it is very filling especially if you add lots of fresh veggies!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment